~ 13 ~

~ 13 ~
Written & Narrated by G.,G.Rae

~ 13 ~
Written & Narrated by G.,G.Rae


Beneath the surface
There are memories
Memories I cannot shake
Things that I cannot un-see or un-feel

A decade of dreaming

Of two lifetimes long past

One day I looked up and there YOU were

There was a reaction
An involuntary reaction
That unnoticeably disabled
Involuntary reactions

At first sight
I was paralyzed by your beauty
Your eyes

Your soul
Projected fierce strength and gentle kindness
Anger and pain
Radiated off of you like heat


Standing there in that moment
Barely a fraction of a moment
That felt like forever

There you were
Way too soon

A pain in my chest
A burn in my eyes
My brain trying to react
Trying to make sense of why

I had forgotten to breathe
I had forgotten to blink
I found myself gasping for air
And trying to remember how to think

Haunted by eyes
I have yet to look into

Haunted by two decades of dreams
From which there's no waking up

Haunted by the past
Of two lifetimes

I follow the deja vu
Wondering
When you will become a part of this life

It has been said by a few
That I write about the pretty things

Unrealistic daydreams
Of an unattainable love

It's perspective
One can read what I write
But cannot see what I see

Three decades of dreaming
Of two lifetimes long past
All that's left are potent memories
Of how you loved me
And of how I loved you

In this lifetime
Whether or not you were meant to be mine
My soul is and will always be rooted to yours

We have never seen each other face to face
But I have seen your face
And you have seen mine
You have crossed paths with these words

And know they are about you

I know this is not something
You would just come to me and say
You are confident
But humble

One day
I will look up and there you'll be
Reserved

Keeping romantic notions to yourself
You will make an effort to know who I am
Beyond these words
Beyond a photograph
Beyond a voice over on the phone

You will realize how I see things
And how clear my eyes are when it comes to you

In this lifetime
Whether or not you were meant to be mine
My soul has never stopped loving yours
And it longs for the bittersweet peace to know
That you are  happy-loved-&-safe
To be within your presence
To look into your eyes
To have these questions answered
And finally let go


~ 13 ~
Written &  Narrated
by G.,G.Rae

Copyright © 2013
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserved











.

No comments:

Views