Soul Mates...



Soulmates

November 16th

I love vivid dreams
Whenever I am able to sleep

Lately
My dreams have been so vivid

Tonight
I dreamt of my soul mate

Yes
I have dreamt and written about him many times

But this dream stood out more than ever

In the dream
I am sitting on concrete stairs that appear to go on forever
In all four directions

It’s night
It’s dark
There’s extremely bright moonlight breaking through stormy sky

The clouds seem so low
Or maybe I'm so high up
I'm almost to the clouds

The wind is blowing hard
Swirling in from everywhere

The temperature is perfect

I am alone
My head is resting on my knees
I am worried and thinking loud thoughts

Each time a worrisome thought enters my mind
The lightning crashes and the thunder explodes
Making everything in my head feel dizzy and chaotic

The visual part of this dream
Is a back and forth
Of me looking through my own eyes
And looking at myself from outside of my body

From both points of view Everything is spinning counter clock wise

I put my head back down and cradle my knees

Suddenly
I notice someone is sitting right behind me
Right up against me
I am sitting in between his legs
There is no space between us

He is leaning into me
Resting his head on my back
His cheek is pressed up against my shoulder blade

His whole body
Is leaning in perfect formation with mine
We are breathing in sync

Then I hear
When will I find you

I realize
We've said the same thing at the same time

Then we say
I’m right here

I realize
He’s not looking at me
I’m not looking at him
But we can feel each other completely

He turns his head
And places his forehead in the middle of back

Then we say
I’m afraid

He turns his head
And places his cheek against my shoulder once more

He says to me
I have you
I have your back

Every time I am on the outside of myself
Looking at the two of us
The look of him changes

I never see his face

His hair is long
Black
Past the middle of his back
He is very lean
Like a young man

Then he is a little older
His hair is to his shoulders
He has a lot of weight on him

Then his hair is short
And thinning a little in the back
He is built very well
Like a mature man
Who takes care of himself
The shape of his arms and back are strong
And I feel completely safe

I know I'm safe
Because he is holding onto me

I am thinking to myself
How beautiful this man is in every form he takes

He tells me that he is going to wake up
He tells me that he is going to remember me

He asks me to think of him when I wake up
To remember exactly how I felt in his arms

He tells me my words scare him
Because he doesn’t understand how I could know him so well
When we yet to meet

I tell him
It’s because he and I are the same

I tell him to come find me when he wakes up

He says to me
He already has

I am startled by tremendously loud thunder
Blinding lightning
Crackling and flashing in such a way
It woke me from my sleep

I woke thinking him

His touch
His sent
Still lingered

Making me realize
I wasn't just dreaming of him

He was dreaming of me


... Soul Mates ...
Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2012
All Rights Reserved




Sidenote:
 The dream reminds me of the Greek Myth,

“The Origins of Love” …















1 comment:

Unknown said...

now that one i love...nearly made me cry :P

Views