Captured In Ink...


Captured In Ink


I saw a photograph of a young couple the other day
They were looking into each other's eyes
There was no space between them
Innocent and unguarded

In that moment
I was so aware of where my thoughts were on the subject of love

Not jealous
Not envious
I found myself full of bittersweet thoughts
Of what I wanted
Of what I want

I found myself staring at this photograph
Sending out the thoughts
Please don’t let them lose what they’ve found
Please don’t let their innocent hearts become jaded or fearful

I found myself staring at this photograph
Wondering if I have it in me to love like that again
Knowing what I know now
Losing what I’ve lost
The thought seems so intangible

This photo made me so aware of the limbo that I’m in
Knowing that I want to
But fearing that I won’t

I tried so hard to push those thoughts away 
To realize the gift of coming across this beautiful masterpiece
That has been captured in ink

Acknowledging each and every time my words have captured you in ink

And wondering
If I’ll ever learn one day that you have captured me in ink

I try not to think of what you might think of me
But it’s hard not to wonder
If and when you are so heavy on my mind
Are those the moments that I am so heavy on yours

Knowing what I know now
Losing what I’ve lost
Through all of my insecurities and fears
I found myself staring at this photograph
Thinking of you



~ Captured In Ink ~
Written & Narrated By GGRae
Copyright © 2012
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Views