Jonathan 27...


Jonathan 27


He had his whole life ahead of him
What could have gone so wrong
To make him feel there was no way out
To make him end it all so young

Wasn’t there anyone there for him to talk to
Or did he not let anyone in
Did the loneliness build up inside of him
Was his self-pity his only friend
He had accomplished so much so young
But there was still so much for him to do
A single man with so many options
And the freedom to do anything he wanted to

What he did cannot be explained
Why he did it
I guess only he know
Everyone who knew him never expected this
And those who remember him
Have a hard time believing it’s true
I am among those who remembered him
I never got the chance to meet him much less know him well
But there will always be the thought in the back of my mind
If we had met
Could I have been the one to break the spell

But my sadness is for the life not lived
And for the loved ones left behind
My most heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends

Please know
You’re in my prayers
In my heart
And on my mind

Why
Is the question we can’t help but ask
But asking it 
Can make the days and nights feel so long

It’s hard to believe
That someone so young
Could know when their time has come

Let’s just hope
That all of his pain and loneliness are gone

Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2003
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserve

No comments:

Views