The Coffee Crew...


The Coffee Crew

We’ll start with the articulate bass player
He’s the one that ties me to this crew

He gets picked up by the workaholic
When he's finally off 
And there’s nothing else for him to do

Next they stop to pick up the wrestler poet
Who like them
Is usually bored out of his mind
They know to wake him if he is asleep
Because he’ll get pissed if they leave him behind

Then they make their way to my house
They never call before they come
I hear that goofy knock upon my door
That says it time to have some fun

I try not to take forever getting ready
I put my boots on in the car

I always ask where we’re headedThought it usually isn’t far

We might go to that diner on the corner
We might stop by that place on Paris Road
We make our way to our table
We order our coffee and unload

We look for a few others to show up
Like the future director
Who is never far behind in his car

He looks for us when he gets off of work
If we’re not home
It not hard to figure out where we are

He’s usually up for anything
Especially hanging out with the crew
So he looks for us when he gets off 
Because like the rest of us
There’s nothing else for him to do

I look for friends we don’t see anymore
Like that wacky bastard
Now he was a fun and crazy guy

Or that Danish chick
Who came to America
To live with that meticulous tattoo guy

Those three to me
Were very dear and special friends
And even though I haven’t seen them in forever
I hope they know I think of them often
And I look forward to the day we all meet up again

We go through gallons of coffee
We might talk for an hour or two
But some nights
We get lost in conversation
And it’s daylight before we’re through

We talk about the things we want
And the things we’d like to leave behind

It’s hard to run out of conversation
So many personalities at one table
And the freedom to say whatever is on our minds

I liked it when we all got together
I miss it
I enjoyed spending time with the crew
On those days when we all have off
And there was nothing else for us to do


The Coffee Crew
Written by ~G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2004
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Views