Maybelle's Postcard...


Maybelle’s Postcard


Maybelle asked me to send her a postcard
Now this was a special request
Because she told me in a dream one night
To lay it where she rests

I was surprised to see her
She had been gone so long
Eight years had passed since I last laid eyes upon her
And that was in a dream one night 
One month after she passed on

She told me that she was proud of me
She told me how much she cared
She told me that I could never know
How much she wished that she were here

I had so much to tell her
I didn’t know where to start
Everything I wanted to say
Was too overwhelming for my heart

She looked just like she did
When I was very young
She said that when she died
For her a new journey had begun

She told me not to worry though
She said
I won’t be very far
It will only take a moment for me to get to where you are

She told me
I need for you to know this
Because I never want to see you sad
Remember I lived a long full life that will forever make me glad

I want you to be happy
I want you to go far
So overcome the fears you have and embrace who you are

She kissed me then she hugged me before she had to go
And said
These were a few important things
I needed you to know

I told her that I loved her
I told her how much I cared
I told her that she could never know how much I wished that she were here

As she turned to walk away
Asked her not to go
I said
There’s so much I haven’t told you yet
There’s so much you need to know

She told me not to worry
Said
I will come again another day
But until then
Write it on a postcard for me and rest it where I lay


~ Maybelle’s Postcard ~
Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2003
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Views