Shh...

Shh

Getting caught in the rain
On a warm spring night
Taking cover in a house
In a room lit by candle light

A chill on damp skin
Trying to get dry
Noticing how the flame
Dances in your eyes

Butterflies in my stomach
Speeds up the rhythm of my heart
Feeling the energy in the air
Telling us
What we’re about to start

Your sweet kiss upon my lips
Your gentle touch upon my cheek
Taking the time to learn every move
Every touch that makes us weak

The back of my neck
The small of my back
Your warm hands on my skin
The sound of your breath

Getting lost in the moment
Getting lost in your eyes
Surrendering completely
As your hand caresses my thigh

Getting lost in the moment
Hearing words that aren’t said
Having only the thoughts of you and I in my head

I wipe the sweat from your face
You brush my hair from my eyes
Confiding in each other
All of the feelings we hide

You ask me where to go
I tell you
You’re already there

I ask you what you want
You tell me
I’m already here

The breath between us
Getting heavier
There’s no space between us at all
Holding on tighter and tighter
The further we fall

An uncontrollable release
Steals from us our breath
Collapsing in each other's arms
Sheets soaked from sweat

A chill on damp skin
Covering to get warm
I lie on my side
You're behind me
I’m wrapped in your arms

Your lips to my shoulder
Tickles me
Making me grin
I roll over to kiss you
To look into your eyes once again

The sweet smell of your body
Mixed with the sweet smell of mine
No words are spoken
We can read each other's minds

~ Shh ~
Written by ~ G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2004
All Right Reserved

No comments:

Views