Somewhere In Limbo...


Somewhere In Limbo



Two People afraid of letting anyone in
Both blinded by their fear of getting hurt again
Not realizing how lonely it was to be alone
But still wondering when they would find their home

Is it worse to trust someone with your life
Or to trust them with your heart

To know exactly what you want
Or not have a clue of where to start

Well
Trust is trust
And it’s not something I do
So what was it that made me trust you

What did I see in your eyes
That captivated
Hypnotized
My heart
My soul
My very life

I never thought of myself as someone’s wife
Until we met
Until we spoke
From a deep sleep our hearts awoke

There was something in the way you laughed
It brought back memories from a life long past
And with it a feeling so deep inside
There was nothing there for us to hide

Is it worse to love and lose
Or to have never loved at all

To build walls around ourselves
Or to be the one who isn’t afraid of the fall

Well
Love is love
And it’s not something I just do
So how did I fall in love with you

What did I feel in such a simple touch
That gave my heart a pounding rush
What did I hear in your voice
That claimed my love without a choice

I saw our future in your eyes
I saw all your thoughts
You could not hide
And all who witnessed could plainly see
That you and I were meant to be

From the moment we met
From the moment we spoke
From a century long sleep our hearts awoke

We saw our future in a glance
We were only looking up
Our eyes met by chance

Two people afraid of letting anyone in
Aware of our fear of falling in love again
Finally realizing how lonely it was to be alone
Knowing we had finally found our home

Two hearts searching for the exact same thing
To find the love we've only known in dreams


Written by ~ G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2004
Ginger Gonzales
All Right Reserved

No comments:

Views