Turning The Page...


 The Last Word...



What does your gut tell you about me


You’ve seen my face
My eyes
My smile
You’ve read my words

You ask yourself
Why am I writing about you
Why am I writing to you
Stop
Instead 
Find the answer by asking yourself
How do you know these words are about you

It’s 2 o’clock in the morning and this is what I’m up thinking about
And I’m trying to figure out what it is that I want to say to you
Because these will be the last words that I write to you

I know I’m going to leave somethings out
I always do
But honestly
What haven’t I already said

I was just a little kid
It all started with a dream that turned into dreams

I have spent more than three decades of this life
Remembering two lives that came before

Remembering a hazy silhouette of a Man
A Good Man
Tall -Dark & Beautiful
Strong in every way

Good to me
Good to everyone
Gentle & Kind

Do you think it’s possible to love someone so much in one life
That it carries over into the next
To promise that person forever and to truly mean it

It has to be possible
Because that is what I’ve done

I’ve heard it said
Ignorance is bliss
I wouldn’t know
I’ve been aware of you for so long
I wouldn’t know

I’ve seen your face
Your eyes
Your smile
My heart and my gut tell me
I am not wrong about you

I feel like everything about wanting you
And wanting to find you or you to find me
Is a push-pull of 
Hurry up... But wait

Life experience along with superficial insecurities
Had me caught in this limbo of being ready for you... but afraid

I am no longer afraid 
Ignorance may be bliss
But honestly
I would rather know... Than not
I would rather have this journal opened
And these words out there for you to find
Than to have kept silent


These words are for you
I look forward to the day I look up
And there you are


~ The Last Word ~
Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2012
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

Robin said...

Seaside Greetings......Your work is really wonderful. I am thinking you should publish a book with these. As I read them if I can't identify the words still move me. Happy Holidays!

InsideTheAttic By GGRae said...

Thank you so much Robin!...&... Yes! A book is in the works! :o>
Seasons Greetings to you too!

~Ginger

Views