Kindred...





Kindred
Written & Drawn 
By ~ GGRae ~
  


Pictures-Words-Music-Moments
Memories made
With a man
That I have met
But have never met

In five words
He said it all
When he said
. . . to the moon and back 

We met in the Spring '13
What began with a simple “HI”
Turned into many words
That Did & Do
So much more than past the time

He is my friend
He feels like family

I am certain of what I know of him
And aware of the fact
That I barely know him at all

Mato
The nickname suits him well
A bear of a man 
He most definitely is


A single father
He works hard
To protect & provide for his beautiful kids

A good man in the Badlands
He guards Swift Fox and Bison

He guards his heart as well

His laugh
I love the sound of it
And the way he says my name

Regardless of how long

I feel privilege to have him in my life
His friendship has kept my heart open
I am so grateful for him
&
Because of him
I am forever changed


Happy Birthday Poo!
. . . to the moon . . Mato!

…Kindred…
Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright ©2014
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserved


**********************************
********************************
******************************
****************************
**************************
************************
**********************
********************
******************
****************
**************
************
***********
*********
********
*******
******
*****
****
***
**
*
*******************************



Photo found online


This message keeps finding it's way to me.

 A lot of places and things come to mind, but very few people... You, above all, come to mind when I read this...
Out of all of the time that we spent together... I hope you knew me well enough to know, that nothing about you, was ever taken for granted... Even though I told you why I had to go and you said you understood, I know that you didn't... The distance and paths our lives were on, is why I stepped away...
The timing of meeting you was a gift, getting to know you was a gift, the 18+ hour distance was even a  gift and then it became a double edged sword. Stepping away was needed. Time and distance was needed. Then a day turned into a week. A week turned into a month. A month turned into more...
This message keeps finding its way to me. So, before anymore time passes, I just wanted to pass this message & these words on to you...
And I also wanted (again) to say Thank You!
You are a good man. I am so grateful to have met and know you... You and your family are  will always be in my thoughts...
...Stay safe & Be well...

.

No comments:

Views