Where Are You...


Where are you
Are you safe
Are you well
Are you wondering what I’m doing at this very moment
Well
I am thinking of you

You
You occupy my mind all day
All night
You’re in my dreams asleep and awake

The very thought of you brings me true happiness
It gives me hope
It makes me dream 
Dream of our future
It inspires me
It keeps me from giving in
But more than anything
It makes me miss you
And it hurts to close my eyes at night without you

Even though you aren’t here
I have a million conversations with you each day
I write all of the words down
So nothing goes unsaid

One day
When you come across these words
Will you know they are about you

Will you do what you can to find me
And when you finally do find me
When we finally find each other
Will there be fireworks
Loud snaps
The sounds of everything falling into place

Or will there be silence
The type of silence
That cuts through life’s sometimes-overwhelming noise

Will we call it love at first sight
Or is it as simple as knowing what we want
And knowing that we’ve found love
When we’ve looked into each others' eyes

We have yet to meet
But you are already as familiar as a smell
A childhood memory
Or a pleasant dream I wouldn’t want to be awaken from

I am here
I am safe
I am well
I am wondering what you are doing at this very moment
Are you thinking of me

Please know that I am here
That I am waiting for you
And trust in what your heart is telling you

We have yet to see each other face to face
But we have never seen the wind either
Only the aftermath of what it can do
It’s true strength
Or its ability to be gentle

Like love
Like trust
It’s having faith in something we can’t
See
Touch
Taste
Or smell
And yet somehow
It affects all of our senses

It's the power of knowing something
Knowing for a fact
Knowing without doubt

We don’t have to touch something for it to be tangible
Because we can still feel without touch
Our hearts can still see
Even when our eyes are closed
And we can even hear the words that aren’t always said

Have faith in that and know
I will do whatever I can to find you
And when I finally do find you
When we finally find each other

We will have found the answers
To all of our questions

We will have found the things
We didn’t even realize were missing

But more than anything
We will have found home



Written by ~ G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2004
Ginger Gonzales
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Littlebirdblog said...

god i love that one...but it makes me sad

Views