Meet Me at the End of the World...




Meet Me at the End of the World...

When I sleep at night
When I sleep sound
I dream about the end of the world

The moon is bright
There’s no one around
A soft breeze sweeps the leaves off the road
It’s quiet here
But I don’t mind
It’s the only home that I’ve ever known

This dream was different
I was not alone
I heard the sound of someone calling my name

You walked up
Took my hand
We walked up the bridge as it began to rain

The rain poured down
I couldn’t see your face
Just your eyes
But they were all that I’d need
For what was inside them told me how
You’d never lie
You’d never cheat
You’d never leave

You’d never hurt me with your hands or words
To make me happy
You’d do whatever it takes

They said
You see inside of me as I do you
Please remember this when you wake

You said
Meet me at The End of the World
I’ll be waiting for you on the bridge

When I see you
I’ll call out your name

When you take my hand
You’ll know that I’m real

So have faith in what you believe
Please believe in what you feel
And meet me
Meet me at The End of the World

You spoke those words
You took my hand
You said
This doesn’t have to be a dream
 When you wake up
You’ll know where I am
I’ve already told you
All you have to do is believe

And if you believe
I’ll be there waiting for you to arrive
I’ll take your hand
Kiss your lips

And in that moment
We’ll both know what it means to feel alive

Now you must wake and I must go
So I will leave you with a kiss

Remember everything that you dreamed here tonight
But if nothing else
Please remember this

Meet me at The End of the World
I’ll be waiting for you on the bridge

I want to see you
I want to call out your name

I need to touch you
You need to know that I am real

So have faith in what you believe
You must believe in that you feel

And meet me
Meet me at The End of the World

Meet me 
Meet me at The End of the World



Written by ~ G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2003
Ginger Gonzales
All Right Reserved

No comments:

Views