Silhouette...


Silhouette


I dreamt of you last night
I was falling asleep in your arms
My head was at rest upon your chest

I could smell you
Your clothes
Your skin
Your breath

I could feel you
Your hand gently brushing the hair from my face
Caressing my arm
My back

I could hear the rhythm of your breath
Your heartbeat
My heartbeat

I wanted to tell you how much I miss you
I wanted to look up and see the silhouette of your face
I wanted to kiss your sweet lips
And tell you how homesick I’ve been without you

But I dared not
For the fear of waking from this dream

I was home for only a moment
An ever so fleeting moment
But it was enough
To just be in that moment with you

I wake to dream of the day you are no longer a dream
I long for the day you will hold me in your arms
I long for the day
I am homesick no more

Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2011
All Rights Reserved


No comments:

Views