Sovereign...



Sovereign...


Waiting for you was hard
Believing your "I’m gonnas" was hard
Helplessly watching you suffer your demons was hard

Asking you how you felt about her 

Hearing your response was hard
Leaving you was hard

Hearing you say you miss me was hard
Waiting in vain for you to do something to get me back was hard

Waking up realizing what a pile of bullshit this was
Finally telling you to leave me the fuck alone 
Was hard

Every day I wake up with the knowledge I am no longer yours
Is freedom

The spinning has stopped
Silence has replaced the incoherent noise  
My stomach can relax
A weight has lifted off my chest 
Reintroducing effortless breath


~  Sovereign  ~
Written by G.,G.Rae
Copyright © 2012
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful present of having written this article. The message seems to be given to me specifically. Our son also had a lot to learn from this – though he was the individual that found your site first. Most of us can't imagine a more superb present than a gift to encourage that you do more.

Views