... My Father's Daughter ...



My Father’s Daughter



The smell of gardenias

The smell of the bayou

The feel of the water against a boat

The bittersweet

Of working hard each and every day

The bittersweet

Of having to walking for hours up and down the road


The smell of gardenias

The number 9

Falling asleep to Seinfeld's voice

Waking early to be of service

I wouldn’t change one second

If given a choice


Knowing

That I am not alone 

When I am alone all by myself

Acknowledging

All of my loneliest moments

Were in the presence of someone else


Unwavering faith

In My Creator

A spiritual/non-religious soul

Instill in me 

Pure gratitude

And fearlessness

Whenever The Creator calls me home

The smell of gardenias

Taste of banana pudding

Remind me of him

Remind me

He is gone

He had to leave


I love how

When I wake 

I can still smell him
After he has hugged me in my dreams


The smell of gardenias

This tired mind and body

These sore - flat - tired feet


How I handle death and loss

How I handle my anger and grief


How I am with...How raise my children

How I think

Before I act and speak

Why I chose and how I treat the man I love


Has EVERYTHING to do with

Who My Father raised me to be


My Father’s Daughter

Written by G.,G.Rae ©2020 All Rights Reserved 

 



I Love You!

I Miss You!

I Thank You For EVERYTHING!

I am so grateful for the 30 years I had with you.
I am so grateful to have had you as my father.


Te Amo Mucho Papa!!


Alfred Felix Gonzales Jr (Bubba)

09/09/1956 - 12/27/2010













No comments:

Views