A Century Has Past...


...A Century Has Past...


We met on a street
It was a long time ago
The year was 1803
You had a smile and decency
That I could not re
sist
And I will never forget
The way you were looking at me

We shook hands and spoke for a moment or two
Before I left
You asked if you could see me again
I said yes and you did every chance that you got
We became so much more than close friends

You were kind
You were smart
You were funny and strong
In the mind as well as the hands
As strong as they were
I knew they would never hurt me
Because you knew just what it meant to be a man

You took your time and kept a distance
Because you knew my respect and trust
Were two of the most important things
And if you earned them
You’d have my love
And a life of happiness
You wanted all the joy that would bring

We met with some friends
As we did so many times
But this one would turn out to be our last

You lose me that day
In a very tragic way
And we wouldn’t meet again until another century had past



We met in a store
It was a warm rainy day
The year was 1903
Time had changed us sure
As did everything else
But what didn’t change
Was the way you were looking at me

We picked up where we left off
More than a hundred years before
The way we felt about one other
Time could never change

We had a farm
We raised a family
A littler girl
She was yours
Soft blond hair full of curly little rings

We woke up
We starts our day
As we did so many others
But this one would turn out to be our last

We lost each other that day
In the most tragic way
And we wouldn’t meet again until another century had past



Another century has past
And I am writing this now
It is the last week of 2003

I know you are out there
I am searching for you
Are you somewhere searching for me

I get to have you in my life every one hundred years
How are we to know just how long it will last

When we get together
We get the gift of experiencing what true love really is
And we shouldn’t wait until another century has past

Written by ~ G.,G.Rae 
Copyright © 2003
All Right Reserved

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That gave me chills...

Views